Besides the amazing highlights and gastronomy in Valencia, the city also has great events. Festivals, parties, sport events and so on, you will find it in Valencia (and its surroundings). If you are a party animal, we recommend you to check out this page!
Arenal Sound Festival
This is not just a festival; Arenal Sound is an experience. Arenal Sound is one of the biggest festivals in Spain, where you can stay at the festival camping, because the festival is during six days! Dance on the beats of Lost Frequencies, Steve Aoki or the Chrystal Fighters and enjoy your time at Arenal Sound Festival.
Feria de Andalucia
Seven days long you will feel, taste and experience Andalusia in Valencia! You will see horses, Flamenco dancers and many more. You find more information and the program at Feria de Andalucia.
Feria de Julio
Feria de Julio is translated in English ‘Festival of July’, which means party all month long! So when you are in doubt when to go to Valencia, the answer is July. You can imagine that there are many activities and there is a big program. For more information you can go to Feria de Julio.
Fifteen minutes from Valencia is the Feria Muestrario Internacional de Valencia located (or in other words called the Feria Valencia). It is an extraordinary building with a big history and several functions, as a place for meetings, conferences, (music)events, award shows and more.
FIB festival in Benicàssim
Nearby Valencia in Benicàssim (90 kilometers north of Valencia) is the yearly festival ‘FIB festival’. The festival will take place in July. It is a very popular festival in Valencia and its surroundings, for example because of the great artists that perform during the days of this festival. Combine your trip to Valencia with the FIB festival!
One of the biggest sport events in Valencia is the Marathon. It is a big spectacle with its start and finish in the City of Arts and Sciences and its route along several highlights of Valencia. Before and during this event there is also an exhibition in the Science museum. It is nice to combine your city trip with the Marathon in Valencia!
Rototom Sunsplash is the biggest festival in Europe that represents Reggae with artists as Sean Paul, Shaggy and Damian Marley (son of Bob Marley). The festival takes place in Benicàssim, a little bit north of Valencia. It is an eight days during festival, so enjoy!
One of the craziest, typical Valencian events; Tomatina. As the name says, it has to do something with tomatoes. Actually, there are thousands of tomatoes and it is going to be a big mess. Curious about what and where this event exactly is? Read about it at Tomatina.
Tips & Facts
– Besides events, there are many holidays in Spain. If you want to know which those events are and when they take place, you should take a look at our Holiday page.
– Valencia is a great place to visit throughout the year, but every season has its own specialty, events or holidays. Get to know more about spring, summer, autumn and winter in Valencia at our four seasons in Valencia page.
– Have you ever heard about ‘Las Fallas’? It is one of the biggest street parades in Europe and it only takes place in Valencia. Besides, the locals are really proud of this event and there are many things to do! Curious? Take a look at Las Fallas.
– Spending the most romantic day of the year Valencia? Take a look at our Valentine ’s Day page for the most romantic places in Valencia.
– Are you visiting Valencia and do you really want to get to know authentic Valencia? Book one of the activities of Once Upon a Bike: a Tapastour, learn to cook Paella, learn to dance Flamenco, excursion to a vineyard, excursion to Albufera and a boat trip. Visit our tours & excursions page for more information.